Monday, August 25, 2008

My Morning Jacket and Eryka Sing "Tyrone"

It's not really that much of a surprise that MMJ played Erykah Badu's "Tyrone." What is more surprising is that Ms. Badu-ism showed up at the Palladium on Saturday and crooned with the Tennessee boys.

I got a text from a very excited friend who attended the show telling me about Erykah showing up at the show. I was bummed that I missed the show, then more bummed when I heard she showed up and I missed it.

But, here is some video of the blessed event. You can read the Dallas Observer review of the show here.

*UPDATE Y'ALL!* Apparently this lil' duet with Ms. Badu and MMJ is making the rounds nationally. Here is a snippet of what Stereogum had to say:
"I really thought that the Bonnaroo cover of this one would be MMJ's best one forevermore. But you win, Dallas."
Also, thanks to Gorilla vs. Bear here is the mp3 of their performance.


"Tyrone"


"One Big Holiday" is dedicated to the dude who looked like Kirby Carlisle from Arli$$ the first time I saw MMJ. "There it is! There it is!"

No comments: