Monday, August 2, 2010

Tracey Thorn | Kentish Town (Walls remix)


I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to think about Tracey Thorn's solo career. Since her hubby/musical partner Ben Watt spends the majority of his time now DJing and running a record label, I guess they don't have time for Everything But The Girl anymore. But, that doesn't explain why she would go back to her roots as an acoustic crooner and ditch the beats and blips that got them noticed internationally in the first place.

I wanted to love her last two solo albums, but, I've never been able to get into them like I did with EBTG's electronic material. Her voice belongs to beats.

That being said, there is a remix EP coming out featuring some of her newest material, and the Walls remix of "Kentish Town" is on it. At least it's not as depressing as "Oh, The Divorces."

MP3: Tracey Thorn - Kentish Town (Walls remix)

No comments: