Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Fleet Foxes

I can't really tell you how into this band I am.  Almost as much as I'm into SSLYBY.  But, that's for another time.  

I got this album last week in the mail and I've been listening to it non-stop ever since.  I listen to it while playing Madden, on the back patio drinkin', driving around town running errands...non-fucking-stop.  

If you were excited about the promise their Sun Giant EP held, then you will love the new LP.  It runs the gamut from folk-rock, to southern rock-ish type numbers to straight-up folky tunes.  Love it!

Yes, the My Morning Jacket/Band of Horses comparisons are going to come.  But, they pull off better harmonies than Jim James has ever attempted.  I can't wait to see them live and see if it's studio magic or if they got the chops!

No comments: