Friday, June 6, 2008

I Love/Hate Lou Reed

I've never been a fan of Lou Reed. The only thing he's done I've ever thought was cool was the lines he quoted from Hamlet on the old MTV commercials. To me, he and Bob Dylan are the same type of guy. They are both lauded for the advancements they individually made in music. But, now they seem to be like the old guy down the street shaking his fist at you for walking in his yard.

However, Lou Reed went off on a report that makes me like him a little more, and reaffirms my crochety old man theory. When asked if he held stock in Sirius Radio during a press conference for his show on Sirius he said the following:

Sirius's impending merger with XM is anticipated to boost earnings. Do you own any stock in the company?

What are you, a fucking asshole? I'm here telling you the truth about music and you want to know if I have stock in the fucking radio? You fucking piece of shit. What did I do to deserve that?

Moving on. You've got a film out, you've got your radio show, you've got a new book of photography coming up — is there a new album in the works?

No. Nothing I feel like talking about. Good-bye.


Oh, sweet Lou...you can be awesome. Is that Ben-Gay I smell? (via Rock & Roll Daily)

No comments: