Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Minipop | Into The Night

San Francisco's Minipop (and Q&A alumni) are set to release their new EP Automatic Love on June 25th. Automatic Love sees the band continuing it's sugary-sweet blend of indie-pop goodness they employed on their first LP A New Hope.

The sacchariney sweetness of the group may lead you to stay away from the Bay Area kids. But, the solid songwriting and impressive musical chops are enough to give them substance and depth beyond the pre-fab groups made for radio play.

I go back and forth trying to decide if they fall into my guilty pleasure category: super-poppy, ballad heavy, girl lead singer. But, then I remember I love The Sundays and Mazzy Star and then I get over it. But, I digress...

You can get the album on iTunes on Friday.

MP3: Minipop - Into The Night

No comments: