Friday, May 21, 2010

DJ Rap | I'm Ready

It's been about 12 years since I was introduced to DJ Rap via BT's "Never Gonna Come Back Down." I was intrigued to see who exactly would inspire Mike Doughty to find a way to insert her into his freestyle on that song and why he would want her digits. Then I saw the cover of her debut electro-pop album Learning Curve. I mean, if you're a red-blooded American man (who loves electronica) and you see that album cover and don't buy it... keep on walkin'.

That album was front to back goodness, decent processed vocals over great beats that wouldn't push the average listener away.

Well, it's been 11 years since that album and after DJing around the world since then she's finally back with a new song, "I'm Ready."

Sadly, it's a bit of a disappointment. It comes nowhere near the greatness of "Bad Girl," "Good To Be Alive" and "Ordinary Day." I'm going to hold out judgment until I can hear the rest of the album... but, this is lacking promise.

MP3: DJ Rap - I'm Ready (via Spinner)

No comments: