Thursday, February 26, 2009

Biting Their Style


Okay, I'm going to admit that I'm totally biting this post from our good friend Cory at Subservient Experiment.  I saw this video, and listened to the song, and loved both of them.  I'm a fan of the girl in the vidie, nice.

The video is the greatest commercial for an album I think I've seen...ever.  According to Cory's post the band does all of their own promotion, marketing and booking.  How very DIY punk of them, right?  

What's the bands name?  Oh right. Action Painters are to the 2009 NYC music scene what Stellastarr* was five years ago.  A nice indie pop band with a great sound that owes more than little bit to the sounds of the 1980s.  Their song "Super Market" is a nice indie pop that combines the jangly geetars with some nice synths, good stuff.  I don't see why these guys can't get the same kind of hype as their Brooklyn colleagues.  They have the stuff that Subterranean was made for--and hipsters.

And, I think their keyboard player has just been added to my rock n' roll crushes.  Yeow!

If you like what you hear you can download a whole album by them here--for free--it's worth it, great, great songs y'all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahha, i've definitely never seen that before. Did they make this themselves? That's them in the video?

Bona Fide Darling said...

I know for sure the girl in the video is their keyboard player Allison. I heart her.