Friday, August 22, 2008

Hymns Daytrotter Session

One of my favorite bands I've listened to this year are the Hymns. They've been through the D a couple of times now, and they recently did some recording for the Daytrotter Sessions. If you're not familiar with the Daytrotter Sessions get familiar using the world's most reliable sourse.

If you aren't familiar with the Hymns, you should be. If you like a Southern fried rock sound then you'll definitely like the Hymns.

Click on the Daytrotter link above and it will take you directly to the Hymns section of the site. There are four fantastic songs for download: "LA, or Babette Sange," "Time Told Me," "Streets Alone" and "St. Sebastian."

I like the sound of "Time Told Me." It has a sound that reminds me of the countrified songs of the Rolling Stones I've heard...maybe Tom Petty with a horn section. For a New York band they sure do have the Southern sound down pat.

MP3: Hymns - Time Told Me (Daytrotter Sessions)

No comments: