Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sign of The Apocalypse...Now?

No, I haven't gone all CMT on your asses.  But, proud Oklahoman and #1 Sooner fan Toby Keith actually had good things to say about Barack Obama.  I thought I felt the ol' ground tremble today.  Maybe it had something to do with this:

"And I think he's the best Democratic candidate we've had since Bill Clinton. And that's coming from a Democrat."

As a proud Okie myself, and Democrat (card carrying!), I have to say that this is maybe the weirdest things I've read all day.  I thought Oklahoma had been a red state for at least 20 years but, maybe I'm wrong.  And, I'm not sure if it's a dig or not since he compared him to William Jefferson Clinton.  It's just weird to hear it coming from the guy who sang the ultra-right-wing "Courtesy of The Red, White and Blue," ya know?

No comments: