Friday, July 10, 2009

That Throwback Sound

For those who know me, one of the things I'm totally infatuated with is music and popular culture from the olden days... particularly the swing sound and pin-up art from the 40's. I could go into why, but, I don't really have enough time. So, when there are people who have a passion for the same time I usually really like them. Take Dita Von Teese for instance--not only is she physically stunning, she dresses in the 40's fashion respectfully, not ham handed like Brian Setzer.

That being said, say hello to Kitty, Daisy and Lewis. These London kids are on a sound that no one else would have the balls to even try. They sound like they walked USO tour with Benny Goodman. Their sound isn't just retro, it sounds authentic to a tee. Swing, R&B, jump Blues... if you heard them on the radio you would wonder why there isn't any vinyl scratching and hissing.

No comments: