Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Under Cover

I really think Ben Gibbard needs to get out of my head.  This year I've heard three fantastic covers he or Death Cab have done.  The latest one is "I Wanna Be Adored" by The Stone Roses.  Yep, I be lovin' the Roses and this is definitely one of my favorite songs of theirs.  But, since the Roses only released two albums, pretty much all of their songs are great.

This cover is pretty faithful to the original, but ya know, with the Gibbard/Death Cab voicey thing going on.  It's a bootleg, so, it's sound is pretty decent.  One thing I like about it is the one guy who "woos" at the beginning of the song.  It seems that he's pretty much the only one who knows what goodness the bubble bass line is about to bring.  Woo!

MP3:  Death Cab For Cutie - I Wanna Be Adored (Stone Roses Cover) 

No comments: