Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Christmas In May

Yesterday I got an unlikely surprise in the mail--my Pearl Jam 2008 Christmas single! Yeah, I know, Christmas was six months ago. But, after the first year or two in the fan club you realize that Christmas comes late every year. I also got the Summer issue of Deep which is a special edition focusing on the Ten 20th aniversary... which is next year. Man I feel old.

But, the single has an alternate take on John Doe's "Golden State." Ed's original version was featured on the Golden State EP, but this one is a stripped down version. Also included is a new song called "Santa Cruz," it sounds like Ed reminiscing about the good ol' days in California when he was working at a gas station and surfing.

1 comment:

lane said...

i still haven't got mine yets