Thursday, May 7, 2009

Old Crow Hootinanny

Yep, last night was another great performance by the boys of Old Crow Medicine Show.  The energy from the band was something to behold, the band was playing as hard as they could all night long.  It was also cool seeing a line go all the way around the building into the back parking lot.  The place was packed and it got really hot as the night went on.

Justin Townes Earle was fantastic.  Until last night I had only heard a few of his songs, but I was blown away with how great he was live.   He knows how to work a crowd and put on a show.  I've never seen his dad live, but I'm sure he could give him a run for his money.

I don't know how I can this any other way... Dallas, please shut the fuck up when the band is playing.  It's not an ice cream social and I (and a lot of other people) are there to see the band not listen to you talk to each other.  Thank you, that is all.

You can read my review for DC9 at Night here, and you can see pictures from the show here or here.

No comments: