Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Black Angels

I saw The Black Angels from Austin, TX at the Granada Theater a few months ago. I wasn't sure what to expect because I had only listened to a song or two on their Myspace page. But, I didn't know I was in for such a treat.

Sure, they are a psychedelic band, if that band were led by Charles Manson. Their music is darker than what you would think from a "psychedelic" band. They put on a great fn live show, complete with multi-colored oil blobs being projected on screen; and archival footage from World War II, Vietnam and 1950s hygene reels. It was truly mindblowing how awesome their show was.

Off their upcoming album Directions To See a Ghost, out 4/14 on Light In The Attic Records.

The Black Angels - You On The Run (mp3)

Off their debut album Passover, out now, buy it here.

The Black Angels - The First Vietnam War (mp3)

No comments: