Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fleet Foxes "Sun Giant"

Can I be honest with you for a second? I wasn't super-duper hot about the Fleet Foxes when I first heard them. I mean, "Oliver James" is a pretty good song, but, I wasn't super excited to listen to their new EP Sun Giant.

And let me tell you I was way wrong about how good they were. First of all, "Sun Giant" is like their version of "Down In The River And Pray," such a sweet ass song and the hits just kept on coming. "Drops In The River" is good, but other than "Sun Giant," I really love "English House." It's like My Morning Jacket was mixed in with The Beach Boys and The Clientele and decided to record some country gospel.

I would totally recommend getting this album. The Foxes have a proper LP in the works that will be out soon. Until then, this album is plenty to tide you over with reverb heavy gospel goodness.

You can buy the EP here.

Fleet Foxes - Drops In The River (mp3)

No comments: