Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What's All The Fuss About?

What’s the deal with the Avett Brothers? I’m not hating on them, I actually think they aren’t bad. However, it seems that all the music blogs think they are the best thing since cutting the cheese. I like their Americana-style crossed with rock n roll attitude. However, I don’t think they are the best at what they do. The best my friend would be Old Crow Medicine Show. And, I’m sure I’m wrong, but, OCMS was the first band I knew about that injected folk-style music with the rock n’ roll attitude.

I don’t know, maybe I missed the boat on the OCMS ovations long ago. But, I just think it weird how blogs or whomever think the Avett Brothers are the best at it. I really dig “Paranoia in B Major” but some of the other stuff is only so-so. But, then again I’m a big OCMS fan and I’m not sure why they don’t get the press love they so richly deserve.


Old Crow Medicine Show - Soul Rebel (mp3)

But, it’s all just one man’s opinion.

No comments: