Friday, March 7, 2008

Minipop

I've been listening to "Like I Do" by San Francisco's Minipop all morning. It's a great, great piece of indie-pop. While I will concede that it may be a little saccharine for some peoples taste, I think it totally works. Lead singer Tricia Kanne's voice reminds me a little bit of Suzanna Hoffs from the Bangles--sweet and sultry all at the same time, especially on the song "Someone To Love."

Keyboardist Matthew Swanson adds just the right amount of synth without letting it over power the song. I really can't say enough positive things about Minipop. To hear more songs click on their pic and it will direct you to their Myspace page and you'll be able to stream songs from their album A New Hope on Take Root Records. Or, you can just pick it up here.


Like everybody else in the music world they will be playing SXSW this month.

3/13/08 Austin @ Red Fly (Noise Pop Day Party - SXSW)
3/15/08 Austin @ Bourbon Rocks (Showcase - SXSW)

No comments: