Friday, March 14, 2008

My Rock and Roll Fantasies

So, I got to thinking the other day about all the women in rock that I have had a crush on at one point or another. Then, as I thought about them all I realized they are all bass players. Weird, huh? So, I thought I would compile a list of my own personal rock and roll fantasies for your, and my, enjoyment.

Kim Deal – Oh how I love thee! I don't know how anyone could not love the Goddess of Thunder! I don’t know what it is about her, she’s a pretty solid bass player and now she’s older and her hair is greasy looking. But, I still have a very special place in my heart for the greatness of the Kim Deal. Or do I love the old Kim more?




Amanda Tannen – My wife introduced me to Stellastarr* when we started dating and I instantly fell in love with them. Then, I found some pictures of the band and I noticed Amanda. Ahhhhh, so pretty, so talented. She's got a great voice for harmony and she's a good bass player. Now if Stellastarr* would just release a new album and go on tour it would be wonderful!







Nikki Monninger – I first saw Silversun Pickups through Subteranean when they aired their video for “Well Thought Out Twinkles” and was hooked instantly. Bought, the album, love it and loved Nikki’s harmonies and her voice in general. Then I saw her in the video for “Lazy Eye” and my crush was now complete. Oh, Nikki…so adorable you are!



Britta Phillips – Now, I was never a fan of Luna, I don’t have anything against them, I just have never heard a song by them. I have friends that like Luna, but, I have still never heard their music. I know, I could probably check them out on Myspace, but, that would take effort. However, I first saw Britta Phillips in a picture of her and her husband Dean Wareham relating to his new book “Black Postcards” which tells of how he had an affair with Britta while she was in Luna and his marriage fell apart. Good time, I know! But, she is my newest bass player crush. And just look at her, can you blame me? Oh, and she was also the voice of Jem on that cartoon.

No comments: