Friday, July 11, 2008

Airline

I was lucky enough to read about local band Airline on one of the local blogs. Since then, I’ve been listening to a few of their tracks non-stop. They have that nice blend of pop and rock that is easy to swallow. I’m particularly smitten with the track “About to Bend,” it has a sweet slide guitar licks that hooked me. What can I say? I’m a sucker for a good slide guitar. Plus, I dig just about any band that has a keyboard featured as part of the band. The good thing about this tune, the keys don’t overpower the song, like say…just about any Coldplay tune.

“Denmark” is another good one. I like the breakdown in the middle of the song, it reminds me of a Sixties pop tune. Or maybe it reminds me of the beginning of Queen's “Bohemian Rhapsody.” Either way, it’s still a good track.

They are playing at various places in and around town. So, you should check them out if you can. You can also check out their Myspace page to get a feel for they have to offer...which is all goodness!

You can buy their debut, Farewell Republica, here.


7/24/08 Austin, TX @ Momo’s
7/25/08 Dallas, TX @ The Cavern
7/26/08 Dallas, TX (Private Party)
8/7/08 Ft. Worth, TX @ 8.0
8/11/08 Dallas, TX @ The Loft
8/21/08 Ft. Worth, TX @ Lola’s
8/27/08 Denton, TX @ Hailey’s

No comments: