Thursday, November 13, 2008

Local Bar Support Local Music

I'm not sure who saw this on DC9, but, it's a good thing for local musicians.  The Libertine is going to play only music from local bands on Monday nights.  When I first read it I wondered how they were going to fit a band inside that tiny place.  Then I read a little further and saw the DJ will be spinning music solely from local bands.  And, as I read a little further I read that they will play just about anything local if you recommend it to them.  

So, if you're having a bad case of the Mondays, hit up The Libertine and listen to good tunes as you drink away your worries about the "Bob's" coming in to interview you for your job.

My list of who they need to play:

Radiant*, Dove Hunter, Sarah Jaffe, Robert Gomez, Eastwood, Jason Bales, 100 Damned Guns, Elkhart, I Love Math/Deathray Davies and The New Frontiers.  

Play them ASAP!

No comments: