Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Under The Cover

I'm not really sure what the deal is with Of Montreal.  I know these guys are big fans, but, I don't really see what the huh-bub is all about.  I mean, Paul Rudd likes them so why can't I?  Every blog I read has a lot of posts about them and I've noticed Of Montreal is a big fan of the cover songs.  So, I was a readin' one of the blogs today and they posted OM's cover of my favoritest John Lennon tune, "Instant Karma" (Sorry "Imagine," I didn't want you to find out like this!)

So, I figured 'what the hell, I'll give 'em a chance.'  I'm sorry that I did.  This is the worst version of a cover song--any cover song--ever.  I tried, they failed, sorry.

1 comment:

Subservient Experiment said...

That sounded like almost like a live in-studio performance at a college radio station. That is nothing like how it sounded live. At HOB it had every bit of the power Lennon's had (imagine 1000 ppl screaming "...and we all shine ooooonnnnn") You really need to start with Satanic Panic in the Attic and work your way forward to see their genius. Although to fully appreciate them their live show is a MUST.

=w=