Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Moby's Revolver

I was-a-readin' an article by Jesse Hughley on DC9 about the 10th anniversary of Meltdown this Saturday at the World Famous Lizard Lounge.  Specifically about Moby headlining the event.  But, more specifically what really got me thinking about this song was the caption below the picture of Moby (that is also above this post).  It said "Let's hope Saturday is not when Moby reaches for his revolver."  Which automatically made me think of his cover of Mission To Burma's "That's When I Reach For My Revolver."  

It was one of those "Ahhhhh" moments, when you remember a song you loved, yet you'd forgotten.  I've never heard the original version, but, I'm sure it's good.  Mission To Burma are one of those bands I seemed to have missed out on.  Kinda like The Clash, Sex Pistols and those types of bands.  The only band I've "missed out on" and later really liked were The Ramones.  I really dig the Ramones.  But, I digress.  So, I found the song, put on the headphones, set the volume to stun and hit play.  Ahhhh, was it good!

MP3: Moby - That's When I Reach For My Revolver

No comments: